
taking the train back home

contemplating the Grand Canyon

Mesa Verde National Park

One of my country's founding fathers - Thomas Jefferson. They don't make leaders like this anymore here.

Liberty Bell and Independence Hall

A rare Vermeer on display in New York

Jack Kerouac's backpack!!!

My second visit to the grave of one of my heroes

Arriving in Canada on Canada Day!





Habitat 67 in Montreal

Surfers on the Saint Lawrence river

an old brick factory

Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta

Dinosaur poo?

a day in the life.... of a dinosaur

old batteries at Bar-U Ranch



Jack Kerouac worked here! Desolation Peak fire lookout

Ross Lake

Gulf of Georgia Cannery

One of the best hikes ever... no I'm not going to tell you where.

Canadian Rockies

This kind of thing really ruins a vacation

Sikh Gurdwara outside Edmonton

Northern Lights! It only lasted a few minutes but it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Waterton Lakes National Park

Glacier National Park


I got to visit the home of another one of my literary heroes



Wolf House ruins on Jack London's ranch


Sequoia National Park, Sherman tree