
Nagoya castle

Shanghai Wonderful!


Street food in Xian

The walls of the Ancient City of Pingyao

Yungang Grottoes

The Chinggis Khaan Monument near Ulaanbaatar

On a standing room only train the night before Golden Week

Wild Great Wall

I hate tea, and I really hate when people are surprised I don't want to drink tea, like it's the fuckin' greatest thing in the world or something (what's wrong with just drinking plain old room temperature tap water - boiled first of course here in China?). Anyway, this tea was interesting because it had stuff floating in it. Usually stuff floating in the tea (hair, crud, etc.) is just another reason why I don't want to drink it, but this time it gave a nice flavor and was a bit sweet. As a side note I did meet one guy who filled my glass tea bottle with tea and it turned out to be awesome because it was really sweet and perfect, he knew why I liked it too, when I told him how good it was he said "candy" in English, but that is a different story, this is supposed to be about how I hate tea.

7 kinds of Haw. Haw is my favorite sweet in China, and one of the only things about the country I'm sure to miss.

A really good meal in Kunming!

Vegitarian food in Dali, from a US$.75 all you can eat lunch and dinner buffet!

Nice camping place

In Luangprabang, Lao PDR

A good meal in Ayutthaya

The Death Railway on the River Kwai with the train now going over the Wampo Viaduct

The highlight of a day in Bangkok, a free vegetarian breakfast at the Sikh temple! And always with a sweet dish too!

The first good thing I found to eat in Cambodia. This is yams and bananas cooked in honey and shreaded coconut. It's sweet and delicious and very filling, and only US$.50

My first meal in Vietnam after not eating for about 36 hrs. Eggs and peanuts over noodles with some greens. It was really good, and it's only US$.75

Another sweet, the ball things have coconut chunks inside them.

Inside a Cao Dai temple during prayer

In the Imperial City inside the Hue Citadel


The Vietnamese have money to burn

Halong Bay

Near Yangshou on the Yulong River

This was a good ice cream!

Zili Village, part of the Kaiping Diaolou UNESCO site

The Kaiping Diaolou are these tower houses built by Chinese coming back to their villages after working overseas (mostly in the US and Canada) around the end of the 1800's and begining of the 1900's

Also part of the Zili village site is the Fang Clan Watch Tower, and when I went the Fang Clan was there having a picnic!

The tower is on a hill surrounded by graves of the Fang Clan

And of course they invited me to eat with them. They were very sweet, it was a great moment!

Jellyfish aquarium behind reception at The Wynn Macau

Hong Kong


Zhenchenglou, part of the Fujian Tulou UNESCO site in Hongkeng village

The Nanjing skyline as seen from the train station

I did a lot of hiking in Korea, one time when I came down from the mountain like some Buddhist hermit, a group of picniking Koreans down below fed me. It was really good! They also let me take all of the leftovers with me!

In Korea a car full of kids driven by two women picked me up outside a village. The kids spoke pretty decent English for ages 12 and 13. The little boy in back is 9. Two other kids aren't pictured.
