
I first visited this park randomly in 2008 when I was on my way up to Canada. It was such a lovely spot that it has stayed in my memory ever since and I've been hoping I could come back on this trip. I made it! I blogged about this park back then too. It's situated at the massive confluence of the Snake and Columbia rivers. This was the first place I ever used my little camp stove. Over 4 years of cooking in the car! I wanted to get it out and make dinner for old times sake but I needed to head further down the Columbia before sunset.

The Columbia

The Snake

The confluence

It was a lovely fall day and I explored a bit more of the park than I did last time.

The park is actually quite old. It's more like a nice old city park than what you would expect from a State Park



Disappointingly they charge a $10 daily fee to visit the park. I'm pretty sure they didn't charge in 2008, but maybe they did. Either way I didn't bother paying this time either.

I don't understand charging to use a boat launch. They don't do this shit in Canada, and a lot less stuff is free in Canada than in the US. I'm not sure if this is pretty standard in the US but they definitely charge in Arizona too on the Colorado River. Here at Sacajawea there is no one around to make you pay, but if you leave your car here then you need to display a receipt thingy.

There is a whole book of regulations posted!


The nice little lagoon for boat/kayak launching