Wednesday, October 10, 2012

There will be blood - parking lot car repairs in Montana


My car's engine has been misfiring and giving me lots of grief lately. For some reason I didn't want to deal with it until I left Canada. Now that the Alberta portion of the trip is over, it's time to take car of my car. Hopefully changing the spark plugs solves the problem. Much thanks to O'Reilly's in Great Falls, Montana!

Getting to the spark plugs is the hardest part. You have to move this throttle body and everything that's attached to it out of the way.

With the throttle body moved to the left and all the plug wires, coils, and other wires removed I finally got to the plugs.

The 6 old plugs

Ooops. I broke a bolt that keeps one of the coils in place. Not good!! Duct tape will have to do now until I get home.

Also decided to clean this MAF sensor. It was pretty dirty and had been a problem in my car in the past. Hopefully I get better gas mileage to make up for the $8 I spent on the cleaner.

Not as bloody as I thought, but blood was spilt.