
An early start to a long hot day

I let my sandals float along side for a little bit

Lots of birds call this bridge home, you can see their nests along the side

Old bridge posts near the bridge I launched from.

At the confluence with the Belly River, you can see the difference between the waters. The Oldman is the dirtier water my boat is in and the Belly is the bluer water.

My knees got sunburned

I'm not big on wildlife sightings, any time I see a beaver I wish I could trap it for it's pelt, and any time I see deer I think about shooting them for food. But I was thrilled to see this bald eagle

You can see lots of erosion of the river bank near the site of Fort Whoop-Up

Among the erosion were these bones, you can see the vertebrae still stuck in the dirt


The 1946 cairn marking the location of Fort Whoop-Up. Like Fort Fork on the Peace River the original location of the fort is mostly washed away by the river, but unlike Fort Fork I actually found the spot this time!


The view of the river from the Fort Whoop-Up location